(weeds, insects, diseases)
Forage crops management
Weed biology and management
Alternative crops (e.g. hemp, switchgrass, flax, chickpeas, sorghum, millet)
- Canadian Society of Agronomy
- Canadian Seed Growers' Association
- Canadian Weed Science Society
- Weed Science Society of America
- Ontario Forage Crops Committee
Current Research Projects:
- Weed management in switchgrass and hemp
- Evaluation of treatments for disease, insect and weed management in various crops
- Agronomic evaluation of hemp varieties
- Performance evaluation of forage and canola varieties
Couture, S.J., A. DiTommaso, W.L. Asbil, and A.K. Watson. Influence of seeding depth and seedbed preparation on establishment, growth and yield of fibre flax (Linum usitatissimum L.) in Eastern Canada. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 190:184-190.
Couture, S.J., A. DiTommaso, W.L. Asbil, and A.K. Watson. Evaluation of fibre flax (Linum usitatissimum L.) performance under minimal and zero tillage in Eastern Canada. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 190:191-196.
Couture, S.J., W.L. Asbil, A. DiTommaso, and A.K. Watson. Comparison of European fibre flax (Linum usitatissimum) cultivars under eastern Canadian growing conditions. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science 188:350-356.
Asbil, W. and B. Coulman; Improving alfalfa stands with early spring broadcast seeding; Journal of Production Agriculture 5:57-63