Nick Bray, P&E Coordinator
Telephone: 613-258-8336 ext. 61463
Heather Buck, Registrar
Telephone: 613-258-8336 ext. 61335
|The Co-op Apprenticeship Diploma for Agriculture & Heavy Equipment Technicians is a 4 semester (2 year) diploma with a cooperative work placement between semester 2 and 3.
During the course of this program, participants will pursue both Apprenticeship & Diploma requirements. The program includes all three levels of the in-school training for both Agricultural Equipment Technician and Heavy Duty Equipment Technician apprenticeships. At the same time, participants will complete all elements of the Motive Power Technician Diploma program, including courses in business entrepreneurship.
Participants are registered with MTCU as Apprentices, so the work they complete can be credited toward their Apprenticeship. With a head-start on Apprenticeship training, and a Diploma in hand, graduates of this program are placed in an advantageous position for a career in agricultural or heavy equipment repair and maintenance.
There is always a very high demand for trained professionals in the Equipment trades. We offer a way to fast track your career with a ministry approved two year course that will allow you to complete all three apprenticeship levels, plus an advanced level and experience hands on training* during the summer months. Upon successful completion of our two year course you can immediately start working as a paid apprentice.** We will provide the in-depth training that you will need to become a successful technician.
*provided you obtain employment, we assist by posting job opportunities.
**provided you complete the forms and are approved.
- Complete all your in-school training before you enter the work force.
- You will have the skills and training that employers are looking for.
- You will be able to work confidently in a job that is both exciting and challenging.
- You will have a diploma from the best skilled trades training facility in Eastern Ontario.
- Also qualifies for 2nd Career Initiative
Contact Linda Sudds, 613-258-8336 ext. 61574 or email@example.com.
- Early apprenticeship registration through a sponsoring employer.
- Receive all the in-school requirements for your apprenticeship.
- University of Guelph Diploma upon program completion.
- The opportunity to prove yourself to an employer during the summer work placement.
- The ability to step out of the diploma program and still receive credit for work you have completed.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent academic standing
This great new opportunity for Agricultural & Heavy Equipment Technicians is funded in part by Ontario’s Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU)
- Farm Equipment Technician
- Truck & Coach Technician
- Railroad Equipment Technician
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Marine Technician
Heating, Cutting, Bending & Oxy-Fuel Welding
Measurements & Fasteners
Fluid Power Systems 1
Diesel Engines 1
Electrical System Fundamentals
Diesel System Fuels 1
Power Transmission 1
Brake System Fundamentals
Machine Shop Practices
Electric Welding Fundamentals
Vehicle Heating & Air Conditioning
Fluid Power Systems 2
Diesel Engines 2
Electrical / Electronic Systems 1
Diesel Fuel Systems 2
Power Transmission 2
Hydraulic Brake Systems
Engine Machining Principles
Engine Performance Enhancement
Vehicle Climate Control
GMAW & SMAW Welding
Fluid Power Systems 3
Electrical / Electronic Systems 2
Diesel Fuel Systems 3
Power Transmission 3
Suspension & Steering Systems
Emissions & the Environment
Service Department Operations
Parts Department Operations
Advanced Electrical / Electronics
Agricultural Equipment Technology
or Construction Equipment Technology
Welding Practices or Small Engine Repair
Course Descriptions and Outlines: